The Kea Room
Three to four years
Kia Ora and welcome to the Kea Room!
We have 4 amazing permanent key teachers in our room who provide nurturing care with a familiar face, continual learning experiences and the right amount of challenge for our young learners.
We base our philosophy of learning on a co-operative approach where teachers and children learn alongside and with each other, allowing for great imaginations and creativity as well as learning life skills through building relationships and making confident and positive decisions. Our daily routine consists of planned experiences as well as spontaneous free play. Our set up of our environment supports this along with the curriculum areas and the Early Education Curriculum – Te Whāriki. We enjoy going on excursions and having people and experiences from our community come in to support our rooms interests to give them the best possible learning outcomes.Our tamariki are curious learners and become more independent each day and we strive to provide them with the best quality care and guidance help them prepare for the world around them.
We look forward to getting to know you and your child and having them a part of our whānau.
Our Vision and Values:
- Providing quality of care for a loving, nurturing, fun and safe environment through role-modelling respectful practices.
- We encourage our children to be more independent as we see them as capable, competent life-long learners. We aim to be co-learners alongside the children and their interests.
- We believe that each child is unique and are determined to meet the individual needs of each and every child.
- Educators believe that inclusive practice is important for children, parents and their whānau to develop a sense of belonging in the room. All cultures are valued through respecting cultural needs and celebrating cultural events.
- To build collaborative relationships with parents and whanau. Whānau are empowered to participate in their child’s learning programs.
Being new to Auckland, we were nervous about finding a childcare centre for our son. We could not be more pleased with Scribbles Mount Wellington, it has fantastic facilities and it is so convenient being close to Sylvia Park for last minute shopping. Could not recommend Scribbles more highly.
All the teachers rock! We can't thank you enough for everything you do for our kids - they all absolutely adore you.
The Scribbles team feel like family to us we always feel welcomed when we come in. If any help is needed please do not hesitate to ask... we are always happy to help if we can. Keep up the great work.
I love all of the lovely staff at Scribbles, they really do feel like a happy family down there. And I love that they make my little girl feel like part of it. She loves it and at the end of the day that's all that matters. Thank you so much for everything.
My son has been at Scribbles since November 2015 and I am very happy with the service we get. The teachers are very nurturing/caring and that's what I ask for my baby. His career is fantastic, lovely and kind and he just loves seeing her each morning. Nellie runs a great ship and staff seem to be happy in what they do.